- We read poetry submissions year round.
- You may submit 3-7 poems at a time.
Translations are welcome.
- Please include all poems in one document,
uploadable via our submission manager.
- Do not include any personal information in the
document, as submissions are read blindly.
- In the Comments section, please include a
cover letter and a short biographical statement, including previous
- Turn-around time is approximately 3 months.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw a piece that has been
- As a general rule, previously published work
is not accepted. However, if you truly feel a certain poem is a perfect fit for
us and if you hold the rights to it, we are open to considering it. Do include
its previous publication credit.
* The Inflectionist Review annually nominates published work for The Pushcart
* Due to HTML limitations, we will try, but may not be able to, reproduce very particular, complicated poem layouts.
We look for micro-reviews of collections from a diverse group of poets with something unique and powerful to say. We prefer not to publish negative reviews, but it’s fine to discuss a specific weakness, lack, or question you have related to the collection. We actively encourage, though do not limit ourselves to, reviews of collections from underrepresented poets.
- Micro-reviews should be under 250 words.
- Books must be published by an independent or university press.
- Books must be recently published (within the last year).
- Please include brief (50 word) bios for both the reviewer and reviewed poet.
We will also gladly consider well-edited poet interviews concerning recently published books and the craft in general. Please keep reviews and essays under 2,500 words.